We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 21 February 2011

CHALLENGE #40 FAIRIES and use at least 2 paper punches

Welcome back to Crafty Cardmakers and wow thank you all so much for your fabulous hearts entries! We're still working our way through so if you've not had a visit yet we'll get to you soon!

First up I'd like to say a goodbye to Sheila who's stepped down as she can't give us the commitment at this time but she may step back in the future!  And also a welcome to our new baby member Poz who's really new to blogging and is just going to watch what is going on until she's ready to dive in with us!

Next on the agenda is a DT Call Oooooh!  We are going to be moving the Spotlight Challenges to their very own Blog soon to make life simpler.  We're just spreading out a bit lol! 
The new blog is CRAFTY CARDMAKERS SPOTLIGHT CHALLENGES so be sure to follow us there too!  The DT Call details are over there :)  They will start over there on 14th March so it simply means the challenge will be posted here and the spotlight challenge there.

Last note!  Don't forget to click on the winners tab at the top

CHALLENGE 40 - FAIRIES & USE AT LEAST 2 PUNCHES

Gill has set our challenge today and she's makng it a bit trickier!  She'd like to see you use Fairies AND at least 2 punches.  Die Cuts do not count sorry, we all know what punches are so drag em out!

We're sponsored again by the lovely Joanna Sheen who is offering a £10 voucher for her onlne shop which is crammed full of goddies with new stock arriving all the time!  Thanks once again Joanna!

So over to the team!


here is my card for my challenge which is fairies and to use at least 2 punches. it's rather a large card 10x8 as the stamp is large. i have used flower fairy zinnia by crafters companion coloured her with promarkers and glazed flowers and leaves and glittered fairy wings and skirt. the punched frame is martha stewart PSTP other punches used were flower punches by woodware to make the zinnia and fern punches for the woodland floor from L-EM.COM. anyway hope you like her gill x


I enjoy this wee Challenge but not sure the card is really me! Think the papers are a bit busy but kinda work all the same! I used the Wags 'n' Whiskers Fairy Angelica coloured with promarkers and glitter on her wings! The papers are the new Prima Sweet fairy layered on pink card! i used my Xcut daisy border punch and my Xcut daisy punch for the wee flowers! the butterflies are made with my Martha Stewart punch and a wee butterfly punch I've had for years! Finished with ribbon, lots of glitter and a wee ticket!


I've used a digikit to make another hybrid page for this challenge. It's called 'Fairy Story' by Linda Rechtin ©2007 from DSP.
I printed out the bp's and the elements plus a photo of my Ada when she was younger and decoupaged the project, adding bits of bling and using Martha Stewart punches for around the page, the corners and for the handmade flowers. I also added some glitz with my Copic Spicas.





For my card I have used a fairy stamp from a Debbi Moore set, I have coloured her with Promarkers.I have used Papermania backing paper and punched along the bottom and top with an X-cut punch.I have also added a border that I have punched with my Martha Steward Trellis punch.The larger layer of the flower I have cut with my Cricut and then just added a paper flower and brad that I glittered with purple stickles.


Oh I just love fairies. So for this fab challenge I decided to get out a Sweet Pea stamp, it's Forest Blue by Ching-chou kuik. She is watercoloured with Whisper pens and Sakura stardust pens. Part of the challenge is to also use at least 2 punches. I've used an EK Success Corner Adorner to mount the image and a GeoPunch (Daisy) to make the border. I've also used lots of other bits and pieces and will post full details on my blog.





I have used a digi from Mo Manning, which I watercoloured with Lyra Aquacolours, apart from the teacup itself (not the flowers on it) which I have coloured with the glimmer mists I used to make the ribbon. The ribbon is seam binding which I spot dyed with three different glimmer mist colours, the left over bit I used to make a bow. I have threaded the ribbon through the card to give this ruffled effect. My two punches are MS Doily Edge and PAP Layered Arhces. The pins I made myself. More details on my blog.



Well I perused my digistamps collection and do you know I only have 6 images of fairies? They not normally my cup of tea but I am embracing new things and this was lovely to colour. The image is by Prairie Fairy, coloured with Promarkers & a Sakura clear glitter pen from Joanna Sheen. I have used a Martha Stewart border punch and 2 flower punches and made my own hatpin embellishment. he little butterfly is a mirrored embellishment which I added some gems to.




I just loved making this one. I really enjoy making pretty girly cards, so this challenge was right up my street.
I used a very cute LOTV image and coloured her with Promarkers. I added a little Cosmic Twinkles to her wings but it hasn't shown up very well. I used 8 punches in all, 4 Martha Stewart's, 3 Nellie Snellen's and 1 Mc Gill. The papers I used are freebie's that came with a magazine last year. I did a little faux stitching with a pokey tool and a Sakura gel pen. Then added a Craftwork cards sentiment and some dewdrops from stash.




I've used a LOTV stamp, coloured with promarkers, and added glamour dust to her wings.  The papers are Dovecraft 'back to basics' with coredinations cardstock.  The butterfly was cut with the MS monarch butterfly punch, with flat back pearls.  Computer generated sentiment punched out with the Stampin' Up word window punch.  Added some MME flower buttons to finish.


11 comments:

  1. love the fairy cards all so different, I like to use ounches so should find this one easier than the plastic one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear of Sheila leaving. Yet am happy to say Hello to the newbie! GREAT inspiration TEAM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge. I enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous challenge!!! I deleted my entry because I only used one punch and a set of Nesties...sorry. I suppose it helps to read an entire post rather than ogling all the beautiful artwork. Still, I had loads of fun with this challenge!!! Thank you all for such breathtaking inspiration!!! Have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the challenge. I love fairies. Thanks for the inspiration, Aluna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great challenge and wonderful DT cards, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic fairies, fab challenge!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you girls, dt work is lovely. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, sorry about this but I entered your challenge and just read Punches I thought it would mean dies too.. I just realized as I clicked send. So can you discount my entry #49.. Sorry about that
    Fab challenge by the way

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.