We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 28 February 2011

Spotlight - Silhouettes

Gooooooood Afternoon everybody! Thank You kindly for our spotlight on plastic entries!  Winners will be announced on 15th March.  This is our last spotlight here, we will be moving them to the new blog just to give us some space and reduce confusion so the one after this will be in its new home HERE so please do follow! 

Our new spotlight challenge which has been set by Joy who has chosen Silhouettes. Your design must contain a silhouette(s), preferably as the focus of the card.

We're being sponsored once again by Stitchy Bear Stamps who have provided the team with fabulous silhouette images from her range, she has got a LOT to choose from!


Over to the team and our creations!




I used Big Ben for my choice on this challenge. I brayed my background with silkies and added some inkadinks to get some texture into it. I trippled embossed Big ben, attached a few watches pieces and embossed them as well, I added the stamped with distress inks and added some yellow glitter around the edges. More piccies on my blog xx

Jenni


I used the digi stamp watching you and printed it onto white cardstock - my printer has been playing up recently and any tone on an image is printing out green (?!) in this case it works quite well but it can be a bit of a nuisance! I used distress ink to colour my cardstock and sprayed some Dylusions ink to give the splattered effect. I made the flowers with lengths of twisted gold net, adding a light spray of the ink and finished off with dew drops to the centres.


Ei



For my demo this week I chose Dance Fever silhouette from our sponsor.
As it is a digital image, I thought I'd give it  a digital-hybrid 'treatment' and printed out my digital layers before decoupaging them, finishing with an acetate layer adhered with four real screws!
The background paper and mat are my own Eiglas digi papers.


Josephine

I love silhouettes - especially digital ones! This one is from the Touch of Class set from Stitchy Stamps. For this card, I added a frame and some leaves to the image, then printed it on film. The background uses some images from a CD, some PSE generated trees and shadows, and is printed on paper. The two layers are separated by foam pads to give some depth. I finished the card with some die cut flowers and punched ferns.




I ended up making 2 cards for this spotlight choice as had made the flowery one before i received my silhouette image from stitchy stamps.
My first card made with some lovely card i had from qvc ages ago but goes well with this sort of card and with fairies too. used some black peeloffs from stash just matted and layered them up and added a few odd peeloffs to the main background card with a rubon down the spine and that was that quick and easy
the 2nd card i used the download of the reach fairy from stitchy stamps, printed on rainbow card.die cut the heart frame matted on pink glittery card doodlebug card added a few black die cuts and again that was that quick and simple but quite effective gill x

Sarah W
For this card I used 'Reach'.  It really is a beautiful digi stamp and from the moment I saw it I had ideas bouncing around my head about what I wanted to do with it!  I have created the background using Cosmic Shimmer Mists sprayed over a piece of glossy photo paper.  I was really worried when I was making it that the inks wouldn't stick and that it would end up a big slidey mess, but a gentle drying over with my heatgun set the colours and  to my surprise created a surface which my printer actually let me print on!  This was good luck more than anything else I think... I finshed of the card by trimming the image piece to a square and matting onto a slightly larger black square and then added some diecut corners to create a frame.



For this I used 2 images by Stitchy Bear Stamps - Dolphin silhouette and Relax making a scene which coloured with promarkers using the letrajet airbrush.  I've added sparkle to the water with sakura stardust clear pen.


3 comments:

  1. Amazing creations girls!
    love them all
    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh love these. Wonderful creations by the DT. I hope to create a card within a day or 2 since I have some of Stitchy's awesome digis :-).

    Also thank you so much for picking my project as one of the top 5 for challenge 38. That totally made my day:-).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.