We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 17 March 2014

#112 Decorative Paper Pricking

If you are looking for our current Mixed Media Challenge, Winter and/or Slap It On, please click here.  
This challenge will run concurrently with the challenge below and both are due to finish midday on Sunday 30th March.
I would like to reiterate, however, that the challenge above is a MIXED MEDIA challenge and we did define what we meant by that in the post. Some entrants clearly haven't read the post, sadly!

Anyhow onto today's challenge
Our challenge today, hosted by Josephine is Paper Pricking. Josephine would like to see decorative paper pricking. If you want you can stitch the holes you prick, but if you choose to do that, please ensure it's real stitching, not faux (drawn) stitching. Maybe you can make an entire paper pierced pattern?

Some inspiration from our DT

Josephine
I coloured my image, and framed it with some paper pricking. But, being me, I just couldn't leave the holes unstitched! Can you?

Vania

Carole
The paper piercing has been done using a template from Gem's Cottage. I kept everything else simple so the piercing could be a feature. 

Lin
I have pricked and then stitched a frame around my image. 

Suze
I used a scallop edge die and co-ordinating piercing template from Stampin' Up. The sentiment is also SU and the bride and groom are iron on motifs.

 
I have used one of my favorite Marianne Design Dies and pierced the pattern round the hearts.

Tracey
I coloured my image with my copics. For the Paper Pricking/Piercing theme this challenge, I decided I would stitch the stems of the Lily of the Valley and one of the rose leaves using DMC embroidery floss.



Fi

I have used a LOTV stamp for my card and my papers are from the Forever In Time "Purple Passion" paper pack. I have used my new "Pierced Square" Die-namics dies on all my my squares and to cut out my image.
All links are moderated, please be patient whilst I get the chance to check that your link meets the requirements before adding it to the blog. You will add your link as normal, it just won’t appear immediately. Any entry that does not meet the challenge requirement or that does not follow our simple rules will not be published. If you are having issues with any other linking matter please mail me at the address in the side bar
LIN W

We have received an email entry from Monique

Beautiful stitching Monique, many thanks for sharing with us

1 comment:

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.