We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 1 September 2014

#122 ‘Make an Impression’ (DRY embossing)

Our new challenge is  'Make an Impression'. We want to see your DRY embossing projects. You can use an embossing folder, or the old fashioned stencil and light box method, or even holding something up against the window! How times have changed, lol

Some inspiration from the DT

Josephine

I've coupled a Debbi Moore stamp with embossing in the background. I used embossing folders from Craft Concepts and Sizzix, highlighting the butterflies from the CC folder using Versamark ink and Pan Pastel. The image is coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils.

Jackie
I've used one of the creative expressions embossing folders for my background layer on my topper for this card, along with a Sue Wilson bow stamp and some micro beads.  I've also dry embossed by hand the birdcage on parchment paper.

Suze
I have made a clean and simple card, suitable for a wedding or anniversary. I used Sizzix Primitive Hearts Die, Swiss Dots and Victorian Fleur embossing folders and Stampin' Up  Raspberry Ripple card and ribbon.  The bows and sentiment dies are Memory Box.

Vania



Julie
I have used an image from Saturated Canary 'Fancy' and an embossing folder that was free with a card making magazine.

Kimx
I have used an old floral embossing folder for the main panel on my card. Sponged with Distress Inks it highlights the embossing perfectly.

Carole
I have used several Crafter's Companion embossing folders with Centura Pearl and Kraft card for my 8x8 creation. The die cut flowers are also embossed.

Lin
I have used a Fitztown image called Dark Fairy and coloured her with Copics and Prismas. The embossing is an A4 embossing folder.

Finally I would like to introduce a brand new team member

Pamellia
 
Hello Everyone! I'm Pamellia Johnson and I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada with my wonderful husband and our two little girls, Scully (a teacup Maltese) and Pebbles (a teacup black Pomeranian).

I have been crafting in some form or another ever since I was a little kid, thanks to my very creative and talented Mom. I've dabbled in all sorts of crafts, but I think what I enjoy making the most is handmade cards, and I really love doing shabby chic projects with tons of lace, pearls and flowers!

Whenever possible, I try and make every aspect of my projects by hand. I prefer to make my own backgrounds and flowers, I dye my own ribbons, I even make some of my embellishments out of clay. I find such a sense of accomplishment in knowing that I made it myself.

I would like to thank the Crafty Cardmakers team for inviting me to be a part of their family. I am thrilled and honoured to be here with such a talented group of artists. I look forward to this next step in my crafting adventure and I hope to see you here every second Monday for a wonderful new challenge!

 and Pamellia's first project for us
I have used a sandpaper technique with the Large Damask Darice embossing folder to create the background for my Christmas card. Embellishments include Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die and Memory Box Frostyville Wreath die.

 
Any entry that does not meet the challenge requirement or that does not follow our simple rules will not be published. If you are having issues with any other linking matter please mail me at the address in the side bar  
 
 


 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, there is certainly some wonderful inspiration from the DT! It is lovely to see Pamellia joining the team, her work is always stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous inspiration from the DT. I look forward to creating and adding my entry later this week :)

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a great challenge and the gorgeous inspirations Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.